Tuesday, October 28, 2008

you got my heart little girl



So I was able to go spend some time with the sweetest little girl in the whole world. Serae Jackson is nothing short of a miracle. No other word describes her. I have seen one other miracle in my life and Serae is the second. It was such a good feeling to hold her and know God is still in control. We often look at the world around us falling apart, going so many different directions, and so many people losing hope but seeing this little baby gives me hope that what me and all my social work buddies are doing is paying off. Serae has doesn’t know her story but her mom does, her grandma does, and hundreds of others who prayed for her do. What a princess… the closest feeling I have ever felt to pure love. I teased on my way out that I would bring my child support check next week… but until there is a father in that young girls life who will look out for it then that’s what I will do.

The plan is to see her once a month. As it goes now and how much I have thought about her all day I might make it every other week. : ) I cant wait till she gets bigger and we can go to Culver's and get ice cream!!

: )

THANK YOU to all my awesome friends for the support… I could NOT have done this without you!

Planting seeds of hope, harvesting fields of changed lives…

3 comments:

Diet Coke and a Lemon said...

She's precious!

Anonymous said...

She looks just like JJ :-)

MaryJ said...

Eric, what a fine young man you have become. I am proud to know you. However, you must not feel the same because the gas prices are down and you still have not come over here.
Love Ya !