Monday, October 20, 2008

the last one...

dave always told me... "you will learn to say no soon" i really enjoy being involved in lots of agencies and different events but after this weekend i learned i am gonna get burn out soon. its great to work and volunteer in tons of different areas but i did all of those things when i was in college and without any full time job. now that i have that i have been trying to balance both.... after sunday i am realizing its not gonna work. i spent all day sunday on the couch passed out and having no motivation at all. i dont normally do that.. ok i mean i do lay on my couch a lot but i dont sleep for several hours and stare at the wall in my own little world for hours. i love the life i live. its great to see the rewards of helping people and meeting new people! but there has to come a time in each one of our lives where you just say i need this for me. i got there this weekend. i am volunteering for CASA now which is going to be very time conusming but i do feel like i will make an impact on a childs life who needs it. so i am gonna stick with it... but after that i am gonna take a break. i cant start a week knowing every nite is gone for the rest of the week.... dont get me wrong... i am not complaining at all cuz i realize i did get myself into all of this but i am writing this so i can go back and look at this blog and know how i was feeling when i was overwhelmed! : ) you have all been where i am i am sure just feel good to write it out sometime....

still.... livin the dream!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave is RIGHT! You learn to say no even though it hurts (even if it is us)!! You're heart is so BIG, but only SO big! It needs to take care of YOU also! We have worried about you. ONLY do what YOU want to do not what everyone else has planned. We have all been there. Go ahead and say "NO"!

Advice from Your "other mom" (but not the important one.)

Anonymous said...

Props to dave :-) He's right, and I've so been there. I never said "No" all of senior year, and due to that I missed so much... In saying "No" I find that I'm better able to serve my clients and that I do a better job when I'm taken care of. It all takes practice though, saying "no" I still have a REALLY hard time with it... just take babysteps.
Start off with answering easy No questions, and then work your way up if you have to. But it will be the best thing in the long run.

Let's try :-) Ok so here are some questions that I think I know the answer's (maybe I don't, we'll find out).
Eric do you eat/like strawberries?
Eric do you like eggs?
Eric can I have a million dollars?

See that wasn't so hard :o)Unfornetely life's questions and paths aren't that easy to say No to. But just take babysteps. Admitting that you need to say No is the first step :-) Love ya!!

rondering said...

Damn, If I just had an once of your smarts.

Good luck.