Saturday, October 25, 2008

it takes a village,

to raise a child.

i have been thinking a lot about "community" not the actual buildings, houses, or businesses but the people. some communities have reputations, good or bad. corrupt or doing right. snobby or friendly. community has been what my life have been all about the past few years. the opportunities of a community. the love of a community. the learning in a community. tonite i was at a benefit for a sweet little girl named Timber who has leukemia. i was invited after letting them use my sign for advertising which was the least i could do. the "community" at this event was so inspiring. the eclectic group of people made me realize when someone is in need people will come from any background to help. thats a community. even though many traveled very far or were strangers to nearly everyone i felt like i was involved in something, everyone felt like that. thats a great feeling.... community.

theres no I in community, wait.. yes there is... theres no ME in community.

find a community of your own. get involved. change the world. you will never regret it!

1 comment:

Diet Coke and a Lemon said...

haha I'm a Senior. I remember you in one of my classes, I'm not sure how many others.