Monday, October 6, 2008

i wish you could feel my stomach.

you ever get that feeling of extreme contentment? like when you accomplished a lot in one day and you know your going to sleep like a baby! i love that feeling and i have it almost everyday.

today was great. i felt the feeling of being a real advocate today. it such a great feeling to give someone a little hope! a little encouragement.... right at the point in their life when they feel like its falling apart. theres nothing like hearing a smile over the phone. and theres nothing like getting other people involved in helping others too!

social work is great.

Oh and i got to finally paint my office. the walls are no longer pink.

4 comments:

MaryJ said...

Oh my Eric, You have really grown up these past few years. What a mature young man you have become. Your parents should be proud. I enjoyed visiting with you yesterday. Our family really misses you. Please don't let something like gas prices keep you from the people that love you.
Keep your eyes on the Lord.

Love ya~ Mary

rondering said...

E. You see to be describing that feeling of slipping down the rope and suddenly realizing there is a knot at the end to keep you from falling. I've rested on that knot many times before climbing my way back up.

By the way, my step-dad said that knot was/is God.
You have really grown up the last three days.

rondering said...

E. Check out opening lyrics to a country song I'm working on:

I'm Good At What I Do, But What I Do Ain't Good

Hooray, a pat on the back
a hi-five from my drunk buddy Jack
aw lookity, I done it again

Risking resentment, I am consistent
at doing what they wish they could
I'm good at what I do, but what I do ain't good.

Anonymous said...

What color are the walls ? :-P