Thursday, January 22, 2009

Crossroads.

I sit in court on a daily basis and see hundreds of people who are charged with crimes anywhere from battery to murder, robbery to drug charges. It makes me think of the different crossroads in our lives. I was at a crossroad when I graduated... What to do with my life, where to go next... I look at these people who stand in front of the judge and take a plea agreement for 5 years in DOC and I cant help but wonder what these people are thinking, most have family members sitting in the back broken hearted. Most have done something stupid and regret it I am sure but so many are repeat offenders. They have a previous record have committed crimes while out on bond. I just look at them and wonder when they reach that crossroad what they do. Some head down the same path. They get out of jail the stand at the fork in the road.... They can be successful or find themselves back in court in just months or years. I guess I say all this to be so thankful for the guidance given to me at those crossroads. After high school I was pushed into college after college I was encouraged to get a job and be successful. I cant say thank you enough for the people who support me in all of my endeavors and I can honestly say I owe any success I have to the people who have supported and backed me.

So I say to those at the crossroads and making a huge decision.. you know the right way to go... just go... and never look back!

2 comments:

Diet Coke and a Lemon said...

I like it....being pushed to do the right thing at the crossroads makes all the difference!

Rachie317 said...

Isn't it amazing the difference a little push can make? Especially a push in the right direction! :)