Sunday, January 18, 2009

Celebrity...

Bush... lets face it... hes not the smartest guy in the world. He didnt surround himself with the brightest of advisers either. Its over on Tuesday and some will put their hope in another human who will let us down. Hes young, black... kinda, a celebrity, a leader, and the hope of the 'world'. I am not buying it. I have been watching this inauguration continuous coverage where they talk about the same thing for hours and hours. I find myself getting a little worried.. I feel as if our country is going to be extremely disappointed. Millions have put every ounce of trust into a young guy who speaks of change... he honestly hasnt changed much. He hasnt sat in his Senate seat in over two years. When he was in his seat he rarely if ever voted for anything significant. Obama is a celebrity. He is chummy with Hollywood and all of the crazies out there. He will keep his allegiance with Hollywood. So I say to our fickle country... I give it four years... We will be calling for his butt in four years and no one will care if he is black, green or hot pink. Republican or democrat it doesnt matter. He wont make good on his promises and we will soon be shocked to know we have been had but another politician. So Mr. Obama. Enjoy your celebrity status and stop comparing your self to Lincoln because Lincoln acted on his words and seeing how you havent even been in office one day you have lots of promises to live up to!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not planning on watching the inauguration... why listen to false promises. (Not that I even agree with half of what he stands for...) I'm so sick of politics, will we ever get another president like Lincoln?

Rachie317 said...

Hi Busyman, I just found your blog the other day - I'm loving it. I am also a social worker and agree with everything you've posted so far. Let me just say "keep up the great work" - sometimes I feel like I'm out here trying to make a difference all alone. Its nice to know I'm not. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric ~ Very well worded. Thanks for putting my thoughts to words. Your the best!

lowell pelkey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.